Responsible, Caring & Secure
Ofsted aims to improve lives by raising standards in education and children’s social care. They inspect and regulate thousands of organisations and individuals providing education, training and care – from childminders to training providers, schools to local authorities – and they share what they find. Ofsted, report directly to The Government, parents, carers and commissioners and are responsible for inspecting, regulating and reporting; putting the education of children first.
Their 2022-27 strategy sets out our strategic priorities:
- Inspections that raise standards: our inspections help education and social care recover and improve.
- Right-touch regulation: our regulation advances high-quality care, education and safeguarding for children.
- Making the most of our insights: we share insights through our research and analysis. Our insights inform practitioners, policymakers and decision-makers and lead to improvements across the system.
- The best start in life: we will develop the evidence base about early years education, including curriculum and pedagogy, and act on it.
- Keeping children safe: we promote children’s safety and welfare in everything we do.
- Keeping pace with sector changes: we keep pace as the education and social care sectors evolve. We will continually review our approach and advocate for additional powers where required.
- Accessible and engaged: we are open and accessible to our different audiences, understanding their needs.
- A skilled workforce: we make sure we have the tools, knowledge and expertise we need to continue to be a force for improvement.
Click here to view all Ofsted Reports.
Click here to add your comments or view Ofsted Parent View.